How to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN service
Important: Only start the Cisco AnyConnect Client when you are not on the corporate network. If you are on the corporate network you will not reach the VPN gateways.
1) How to connect: In order to connect to the VPN, Click on Start, then Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility… which will be pinned to the top of your menu.
2) Then press connect.
3) After the AnyConnect has found the closest gateway in the world to connect you to, enter your username and “pin and token”, with no spaces between the 4 digit pin and token. Then press OK.
Information about connection time:
The maximum connection time is 15 hours. When 15 hours is passed, you will be disconnected from the VPN and need to manually reconnect.
The idle timeout is 4 hours. This means that you can suspend/hibernate your PC, and resume the connection within 4 hours without having to manually log on again. This will also work if you use your pc connected to VPN at one location, suspend/hibernate, and move to another location, for example to home network. You just need to be within the idle timeout. If you shut down/reboot you PC, you need to manually reconnect.
Manual Gateway Selection
If your closest regional gateway is not automatically selected, you can manually select the closest gateway by following the below instructions:
4) Click on Start - Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility (as you did in stage 1)
5) Select the service option
6) Click on preferences
7) Un-Select the Enable automatic VPN server selection
8) Right Click Cisco AnyConnect... and select Quit
Start Cisco AnyConnect Client. You can now choose the closest Gateway from the drop down menu.